Monday 7 March 2022

Slow Stitching and March Goal

Usually Sunday's are quiet but today I seem to have been running from one place to another all day. Although I'd planned to get my sewing machine out, that didn't happen. I'm not sure what I did this morning but I seemed to be very busy doing whatever it was. This afternoon I had arranged to visit a friend so no chance to finish those leisure pants today. I did manage to do some hand stitching. I made a start on the cow block and I love these cute stitcheries.


The cow isn't deformed. The front legs I've stitched are in fact the back legs for the cow at the back. Sorry about all the shadow on the photo.


So it's time to set a goal for March and this month it is hand stitching again. I need to get the blocks all finished for the Noah's Ark quilt. Baby isn't due until 12th  May but he could always arrive early so I need to be ready. My goal for this month is to finish 3 blocks. The first two are the cows and Noah plus the giraffes.


The third block is smaller and is the peace dove. I should be able to finish these with time to spare. If I'm lucky I may get all 5 blocks that I traced out stitched up.

I'm also going to concentrate on quilting the Austen Family Quilt. I haven't worked on this for a while and I really want to get it finished. I've so far completed one row of blocks but the sheer weight of the quilt has put me off. It would be so good to have this one finished. Here are a couple of the blocks I've finished.



The next time I have any space to get my machine out is Wednesday so hopefully I get the leisure pants finished then.

Scamp is still interested in life but he now needs some pain meds to make sure he is comfortable. I'm going to give him a cuddle now and then it will be time for bed.

Take care

Lyndsey






3 comments:

  1. Those cows are so cute! Your quilting looks good. That’s a pretty flower and leaf motif.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah's Ark is coming along well. It's a lovely design, and one I want to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitcheries are looking good & quilting a large quilt on a domestic machine is hard work & I do admire you for it. Hope you get your leisure pants done & give Scamp a hug from me too. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete