Friday 18 March 2022

Sorting priorities

Over the last few weeks I haven't had time or particular interest to get on with my various projects. Instead I spent time enjoying cuddles with Scamp and Casso and reading. Today I set about getting my quilting and sewing mojo back.  I decided that doing some quilting would be a good start. I collected the Austen Family Quilt and set up my machine. My plan was to quilt two blocks. First I needed to decide how I was going to do the quilting and time to have a little practice. Then to work.

I wanted to practice feathers but without trying anything too fancy and difficult. I am pleased with the result.


I'm going to need a lot of practice to produce really beautiful feathers at some point in the future. Today I was having difficulty quilting in a straight line.  


When I'd finished block 2 I felt pleased with what I had achieved and decided to put the quilting away for the day. I love the fabric backing of this quilt.


The postman delivered several small packages to me today. I had ordered the black aida and skeins of DMC stranded embroidery cotton ready for starting the Star Ship Enterprise cross stitch. 


The colours of the threads look prettier in person.


I only ordered 1 skein of each colour to start with as it gave the amount of yardage needed rather than the number of skeins. I have now wound the threads onto the plastic bobbins. All I have left to do is mark the centre of the aida before I can make a start.

Tuesday was John's 70th birthday. Because Scamp was so unwell we decided to put off celebrating until tomorrow. We are going to have a family birthday dinner and I took some time out to buy a couple of last minute presents. I need to finish the birthday cake in the morning.

I must get back to stitching the blocks for the Noah's Ark quilt. I haven't done any more stitching since I last posted a picture. For the next few weeks I shall have to get used to stitching without a dog or a cat on my lap. These blocks stitch up fast so I should be able to get the three that I set as my monthly goal, finished before the end of the month


Last weekend John and I were away at our favourite hotel near Bath. Whilst there I popped into Midsommer Quilting and came home with some fabric.


The stripped fabric is for the binding on the Austen Family Quilt and the paw print is for the baby quilt. I'll tell you more about our trip in my next post. It's getting late and tomorrow is going to be busy so I need to go to bed.

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on that quilting, Lyndsey! Best of luck with the birthday festivities. Happy birthday, John!

    ReplyDelete