Sunday 27 March 2022

Slow stitching

I've been really enjoying my hand stitching recently and have made a point of doing some everyday. I've been working on the cow and rainbow block for the ark quilt and I think it has come out very well. I've increased the size of these blocks to 160%.


Yesterday I started on the block with Noah and the giraffes.

This evening I've sat and stitched whilst watching TV. I'm pleased with my progress. Instead of just outlining the spots on the giraffes I decided to use satin stitch to fill them in. 



My monthly goal for March was to complete three blocks, the cows, the giraffes and the dove block.


With a little bit of luck I have time to complete all of these before the end of the month.  I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching.

Tomorrow I really will share the photos I took at Lacock Abbey as well as more sewing.

Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is very pretty. I like that you filled in those giraffe spots. Much better than just an outline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along well. I've got a copy too, thanks for the link, but have yet to start. It certainly needs to be made bigger, the original is too tiny for me to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late once again, but I'm enjoying seeing your progress on these blocks. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete