Saturday 5 March 2022

March

Tuesday was the first day of March and I'm looking forward to longer hours of daylight and the appearance of spring flowers. Most of my journey to and from work is now in the light and in another week or two it will be a thing of the past, unless I decide to work late. The weather has even been nice enough to walk round the local park with my colleagues during our lunch break.  There are still some snowdrops to see when John and I walk around the local cemetery.

There are daffodils in flower, and daisies in the grass.

I set myself the challenge to prime all the pieces of my dolls house. Until this is done I can't get on with decorating the rooms. By the end of Friday all the large pieces were done. I still have some small bits to do but these are finishing touches so not needed for some time.



This evening I'm going to be ordering some wall papers and slate tiles for the roof using the voucher that Richard gave me for my birthday. I have some other things to order as I bought a pattern to make a Star trek cross stitch and I need some black aida and some DMC flosses.


I must be mad as this will take a while, and working on a black background isn't my favourite, but what do you do when your son asks very nicely if you could make it?

Today I drew out the remaining patterns for the Noah's Ark embroidery. I'm planning on starting stitching one of them tonight.


The cows are very cute so I think I'll start with that one.

Tomorrow being Sunday, is slow stitching day but I'm going to get my machine out as I want to finish a pair of leisure trousers. I also have an order to make a pair for Lucy and I really fancy making myself a pair of palazzo pants for the summer. I have some fabric which will be perfect.

Scamp is still alive and happy but he is getting weaker and the lump on his face is getting larger. I don't think he'll be with us for much longer. He is asking to come onto my lap for a cuddle and since this is one of my favourite occupations I'm going to have to stop typing. Once he falls asleep I'll be able to get on with my stitching.

Take care

Lyndsey




3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the flowers in March. We have daffodils, but still in bud. We just need a little bit of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Spring has arrived in your corner of the world & you are sure busy with all your projects plus working. Enjoy stitching the cow. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flower photos, Lyndsey. Best of luck with your stitching projects! Sorry to hear that Scamp is getting weaker, but at least he's still happy. Sending quilty hugs!

    ReplyDelete