Sunday 18 February 2024

A busy Sunday.

I know Sundays are supposed to be restful before you return to work on Monday but I was excited to get some more sewing done so I got myself organised and made a start. On the Red Manor House quilt the next round is a border. I had identified some red fabric to make the binding for the pinwheel quilt I have yet to quilt. So I got to thinking, was there enough fabric to do the border on the Manor House quilt and the binding on the other one. It took minutes to measure the fabric and yes there was enough.  I Quickly got the machine set up, cut the fabric strips needed and soon had the borders added. I then tried to take a photo but Missy decided it was time to photo bomb. I think she felt I had spent enough time over the weekend sewing and I should be playing with her instead. Anyway you probably get that I sewed on the next round. I love the red, it's such a rich colour. I'm so pleased Missy didn't have muddy feet. It was raining when I let her outside this morning but since then the rain has stopped and it's been nice and sunny. When the sun first started to shine it was like a light bulb had been turned on.


The next round on this quilt is an Irish chain border. I'm trying to make this quilt from scraps and fabric I already have so I will try and follow the instruction on the dark, pale etc fabrics so I can create the pattern but it will be a scrappy round.

Having finished, that I sewed the final half square triangles for the Mystery quilt I'm doing. All the instructions have now been released but it is still fun. The half square triangles have taken me longer than I expected. There were two colour groups I hadn't shown. Here are the middle square for the blocks. Possible I shouldn't have taken the photo of them on the pink background.


Although all the half square triangles are now made I need to trim the blocks. I'll try and fit that in over the evenings this week. Once that job is done I can start sewing the blocks together. There are two layouts for the quilt but I have yet to decide which one I prefer.

Before putting my machine away I sewed the main pieces of the sewing machine pincushion together. The pattern is by Debbie Harris Designs and I bought the pattern at last years Stitch Festival. It turned out quite well. This years Stitch Festival is in March and I will be going with my friend Michelle again. We had a lot of fun last year.


This evening I will finish stitching on the binding of the baby quilt and then I'll move on to the little country embroidery. It is my goal for February to finish this piece. There is still a fair amount to do but I am away this weekend coming so will be taking this with me for some slow stitching relaxation in the evenings. I love how this piece is progressing.


I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching I'll pop over later and see what Kathy and others have been working on. 

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. That pincushion is the cutest ever! Great fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been working on all sorts of lovely projects. Of course Missy has to try that top out, anything laid on the floor is fair game to pets. The pincushion is so pretty, almost too nice to stab pins in!

    ReplyDelete