Friday 9 February 2024

Mystery quilt.

A busy week interviewing and marking as well as teaching, so not much sewing has been happening, however I have moved projects forward. The mystery quilt I started from Good Hope Quilters Guild called 'When you shine' has been moving along slowly. This is made using 9 fat quarters. I had fun choosing the fabrics which were then cut into 4.5 inch squares. These were divided up to give 9 groups of fabrics and from them half square triangle units were made. So far I have created half square triangles from three of the groups. I've already posted the first group and here is the second group


Here are the blocks for the third group. I still need to sew the large block together and trim the rest of the HST's.


That still leaves 6 groups to turn into half square triangles. I may live to regret starting this mystery!

In the evening over the week I have been slowly stitching the binding down on the baby quilt and have one side left to stitch. I have been alternating the binding with my knitting.  I am so close to finishing the back of this cardigan. I haven't done any knitting for ages and so I'm really enjoying it. The pattern is quite relaxing to knit but every so often I make a mistake and have to unpick a row.


I also made the quilt sandwich for the pinwheel top.


I had to piece the backing as the bear fabric wasn't quite big enough. The red strip fabric goes across the middle of the back. The quilt is now sandwiched and I just need to decide on the quilting.


Tomorrow we are going on a bird watching trip. This is another coach trip but this time to Titchwell Marsh in Norfolk so sewing will be on hold. Unfortunately I get travel sick if I try and knit, sew or read on a moving vehicle. I do enjoy watching the scenery go by rather than having to concentrate on the road. You do miss a lot when you are the driver. We should be home about 7;30 and so I can fit in a little hand stitching and hopefully finish the binding. The weather forecast for tomorrow is reasonable but being on the coast it will probably be cold and windy. I need to remember my wooly hat and gloves. I'll hopefully have some good photos to share.

Take care

Lyndsey


 


3 comments:

  1. Lyndsey, I love your choice of background fabrics in the blocks you are making!!! I haven't knit much, but it sounds like you were relaxing. It looks like you have a lot done on that project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have several lovely projects ts on the go. That's a pretty design on your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following along, but can only comment on the PC which I don't always get too for commenting, but do read all my blogpals when they appear on the old laptop which has issues.
    Loving all your projects & the pinwheel top is gorgeous. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete