Friday 22 March 2024

Making blocks.

The week has been quite busy. At work it was the run up to my holiday so I was trying to finish up as many tasks as possible. I hate returning from holiday to half finished projects as it takes time to reacquaint myself with what I was working on. On Wednesday evening I decided I needed a break and got my machine out to do some quilting. I'm still quilting the pinwheel and squares quilt. I'm hoping to have this finished early next week. I haven't taken a photo recently but here is the completed top.


This morning I was interviewing but this afternoon I had time to do some sewing. I decided to work on the dinosaur quilt. I set about making the vine blocks. I needed to sub cut the fabrics for the blocks but once that was done they went together very quickly. I like these blocks.


I now have all the plant blocks. Here are the other sets.



This is going to be a big bright quilt. Next month I will start making the dinosaur blocks. I think I'll start with the stegosaurus. There are a lot of pieces in each dinosaurs so I will need to be very organised. The pattern is well written and easy to follow.

Tomorrow I'm going to The Stitch Festival at the Business Design Centre in London, with my friend Michelle. Last year we had a great day out, including lunch and prosecco. I've set myself a small budget for buying any fabric or threads. Having got all the fabric to make the rings quilt I really don't need to buy much else. I want to start cutting the fabric for this quilt, which will probably happen on Sunday. Cutting the fabric makes my wrists and hands painful so this will not be a quick job. It will also be slow as I am rather nervous of all the curves but it is good to challenge myself.

For the rest of this evening I'm going to work on my knitting. I've nearly finished the right front so only the sleeves and front bands to do.

Take care

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. You are amazingly busy. Your projects are looking good; the dinasaur quilt looks like fun. The Stitch Festival should be nice; hope you have a wonderful day. I'm going on a shop hop
    this week with my quilt group. I love it because we all have something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a lot of nice looking blocks. It will be fun to what the dinosaur quilt come together. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks of flowers, vines, and plant stems is wonderful. I love the fabrics you chose and look forward to seeing the dinosaurs come together next month.
    I also look forward to seeing your pinwheel quilt completed.

    ReplyDelete