Sunday 3 March 2024

March already!

The end of February was a little bit busy. It was fun going away last weekend but really I could have done with a weekend at home. I'll share our trip to the Isle of Wight with you soon but for now I need to sort out my sewing plans for March. Over the last week I had very little time for sewing but I did manage to spend time with my machine very briefly on Friday and today. Whilst away I finished the left side of the cardigan I'm knitting but I haven't touched it since. Although no sewing got done in the last week of February it was a very good sewing month. I completed two more rounds on the Red Manor House quilt, made 18 cycad blocks for the dinosaur quilt, completed the baby quilt for my colleague, started the quilting on the pinwheel quilt, started a mystery quilt and knitted the back and one side of my cardigan.

Plans for March


The Chookshed Stitchers challenge for March is number 4. My number 4 was to start a double wedding ring pattern quilt. I have decided to use the pattern from Today's Quilter. I need to find the right magazine but I have already found the templates for the pieces.


We will be in Somerset on the 15th March and I will be visiting my favourite quit shop, Midsommer Quilting, so I will be able to get the fabric I want. Between now and then I need to work on my other March projects and leave myself time towards the end of the month to work on this quilt.


I want to complete the next round of the Red Manor House quilt and this will be my One monthly Goal for March. I am hoping to be able to make the next round from my scraps but I may need to purchase some fabric. In February I completed two round. I did paper piece the arrows and whilst they are rather wonky I am very proud of them. I dislike paper piecing but I persevered and got them made.


Finally I will be working on my knitting as I'd like the cardigan to wear in the summer.

On Friday I started a small project to make a tote bag. I'm using |William Morris fabric. I needed to cut some squares and here they are laid out.



Today I stitched the squares together for the front and back of the tote. The whole project went together very quickly and I had a finished item. My brother's partner is having surgery this month and I decided to get her some presents to cheer her up whilst recuperating. I made the bag to put the presents in. For some reason my photo won't upload to the blog. Hopefully I manage to make it work tomorrow. It's getting late so I need to go to bed as I have work tomorrow.

Finally before I go my photo uploaded.



Take care

Lyndsey 



3 comments:

  1. Lynsey, you did a ton of sewing in February! Your list was crazy big.
    Love the border you added to your SAHRR! Paper piecing is definitely an acquired taste, but produces fantastic results.

    Starting a Double Wedding Ring is a big project, but it will be fun. I am anxious to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely bag, will make a great gift with a few goodies tucked inside. Your number 4 will certainly be an ongoing project for you, a tricky pattern and a large quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric you used for the tote bag is so pretty. It's lovely, useful, and practical. Love the photo of your cat.

    ReplyDelete