Saturday 27 April 2024

A sewing day

Yesterday was a none working day, well almost. I had an online meeting that lasted an hour and then I was free to do whatever I wanted. My choice of activities was sewing, so I set up my machine and decided to start with making the peg bag I'd cut out last week. The morning was spent putting it together in between some household chores. It didn't take long.


Having made the bag I decided that I liked the fabrics I used. I'd chosen the fabric because I didn't particularly like them and couldn't think how I could use it in a quilt but didn't want to get rid of them. It's interesting, that when you put the fabric into a different situation it takes on a different look. As a peg bag, the fabric worked well and I particularly like the big red flower on the front. When I'd finish the bag it was lunch time and John had made a delicious soup, just what I wanted.

In the afternoon I decided to make another dinosaur. I wondered if it would be possible to work on the four remaining dinosaurs at the same time. I set the four colours out on my cutting mat and made a start.


I worked on the left side panel first for all four colours, then the right and finally the middle panel. Everything went well until I started making the middle panel. I stitched two pieces together the wrong way round. It took me a little time to sort out but I eventually finished all 12 panels. Note to self, stick with making one block at a time as there are too many pieces involved in the dinosaur blocks.

There are still several steps to complete all four blocks but that will have to wait until Sunday. I am very happy with what I managed to complete.

I still had some time to play with so I pulled out the cat cross stitch. I haven't finished it yet but it is very close. I still have some outlining on the cat to do and the hearts and wording. I want to finish this piece by the end of the month.


In the evening i completed the knitting on the sleeve of my cardigan. This project is also nearly finished. One more sleeve to knit, the button bands to knit and then sewing up. My day had been really good and projects moved forward. 

Today John and I went walking but I'll tell you more tomorrow. 

Take Care 

Lyndsey



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making such good progress during your sew day, Lyndsey. We all need those kinds of days from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your peg bag. You’re right about the big red flower. The dinosaurs look complicated. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete