Monday 1 April 2024

March round up and April plans.

When I look back over a month I tend to think that I had a very unproductive month, especially if work has been a bit heavy. As a result I like to check out what I achieved. In March I created the vine blocks for the dinosaur quilt. This quilt is going to be so colourful when completed. Apart from the background all the fabric came from my scraps or fat quarters.


I took part in the 'Give it a Twirl' blog hop and made a quilt top. This is a baby quilt for one of my students. This has had a border added and is ready to be made into a quilt sandwich. I need to get this finished for a week on Wednesday which is when my student goes on Maternity leave.


I finished the quilting on the other quilt I made using the pinwheel block. It is now ready to have the binding added. I'll up date the photo once the binding is on.


I made a tote bag from William Morris fabric. The bag is a really useful size.


I completed all the blocks for The Good Hope Guild mystery challenge. This involved a ridiculous number of half square triangles. I need to complete the top this month so this will be my One Monthly Goal.




I cut out all the fabric for the blooming rings quilt and spent some time practicing making the curves. The one on the left was the last one I made and it doesn't look too bad. I'm happy with it but will still do a bit more practicing. This was my Chookshed challenge for March.


I also made time to start adding the little slate tiles to the roof of the doll house.


In addition I have finished the back and two sides of my knitted cardigan. This is the point I planned to be at by the end of March. I have started the first sleeve. My hand stitching didn't get finished. I tend to work on this in the evening and especially on a work evening my eyes are tired from using the computer. It has moved forward and I hope to finish it in April.

Today is the first of April and was my mother's birthday. So today I am celebrating my mom who taught me to sew, knit, crochet and cook. Thank you Mom, you have made my life so much easier and more rewarding because of all the time you spent teaching me such important skills. Here is a photo of me and mom when I was about 6 or 7. Mom had made both her outfit and my dress.


Now I need to look at plans for April. 


This is my number 9 and also the challenge I least want to work on but I do want to get it finished. I used to enjoy cross stitch but I'm not very keen anymore. I think completing the millennium sampler was a cross stitch too far.  As you can see the back end and tail of the cat is complete. I think I'll take this to work with me and stitch in my lunch break. If the weather is good I can go across to the local park to each my lunch and stitch.


I will start making the Stegosaurus blocks this month. There are a lot of small pieces so it may take a while. I find the instructions in this pattern very easy to follow but I did need to read them carefully a few times first.


I'm planning on adding the next round on the Red Manor house quilt. I did two round in February so didn't work on it in March. Missy loves to photo bomb.


I want to complete the middle column of the blooming rings quilt. The quilt is put together in columns and that works well with me. I can split the making of the quilt into nice easy sections. In addition I plan to finish at least one sleeve on my cardigan, finish my trousers and complete the dolls house roof. I'm sure there will also be a new project somewhere in the month. It sounds like a busy April.

There won't be much sewing or knitting this week as we are planning on visiting my brother for the day tomorrow which involves a long drive and also visit John's sister on Friday afternoon. I am interviewing on Thursday and Friday morning. I will get my time back for the interviews but it does disrupt my leave. It's a good job I'm good at squeezing my hobbies into small packets of time. 

Take care

Lyndsey

Take care.





8 comments:

  1. Goodness, you might not think so, but you have been busy! Lots of lovely stuff, love the dolls house roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back you have been very productive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS that's a lovely photo of you and your mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've accomplished so many things! I enjoyed seeing the photo of you and your mom. Good luck with your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have many beautiful projects ... I look forward to watching your dinosaur quilt come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress, Lyndsey! Best of luck with your goals for the month of April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done so many different things and all well. Love the picture of your Mom and you; so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo of you and your Mom...so sweet! Looks like you have managed to do a lot of things in March! Good luck with your April goals! :)

    ReplyDelete