Sunday 7 April 2024

Slow stitching Sunday.

I have quite a lot of slow stitching that I want and need to get done so it seemed like a good idea to make a start on it as early as possible. A lot of the hand stitching I do is in the evening and often my eyes are tired and I can't stitch for long. The opportunity to stitch in natural light is very pleasurable so I got started. I settled myself comfortably and settled down to watch a video whilst I stitched. I'd just got organised when John appeared with a couple of boxes. He had decided to continue with the sorting of the loft and had found my wool stash. He wanted me to check out the contents and decide if I wanted to keep it all. I wasn't in the mood to sort the boxes but also I wasn't in the mood to disagree as I want to clear all the stuff we don't need or won't use. It also meant I would know exactly what I have got in the boxes.

I tipped the yarn out of the first box and checked that it was still in good condition. I then repacked the box making sure it only had double knitting yarn in it. It took some time and I took out any yarn I knew I wouldn't use. That will go to the charity shop for someone else to use.  The heap of yarn on the floor was very pretty with a full range of colours. The double knitting yarn is being used up on my crocheted blanket. I want to do some more work on the blanket as the year progresses.


I then repeated the process for the 4ply yarn, which was mostly baby wool and I also found some aran yarn. I did find some yarn that I had been looking for since Christmas. My yarns are now neatly stashed in three boxes. One large box full of double knitting yarn and two small boxes, one with baby yarn and the other for aran weight yarn.

Fast forward to this evening and I settled to do some hand stitching. I'm currently working on the head of the cat in the cross stitch. The tail end of the cat is already done. The face is mostly white and very pale grey.


I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. It's always fun to find out what everyone is working on.

I'm back at work tomorrow but I'm hoping to get some stitching done in the evening. 

Take care

Lyndsey



4 comments:

  1. Always a good idea to go through what you have once in a while and get rid of what you don’t need. Also, sometimes you find a treasure! I’m not sure I see the cat in your stitching yet but will check back to see your progress. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting organized bit by bit always feels good. Now you can find your yarn. The cat is looking great! I can recognize the tail and the hairs sticking up.
    I do the same, go to work then come home and do a little at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding that yarn you've been looking for! Kudos for going through the boxes, even though you didn't feel like it. Well sorted yarn will make things easier for any upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice selection of yarn to use in your blanket. Isnt it good to finally find something you have been looking for, wondering where it has got to.

    ReplyDelete