Sunday 28 April 2024

Slow Sunday stitching.

Yesterday John and I , plus a few friends did our annual walk to see the bluebell wood. The walk itself is about 5 miles in the Surrey hills. The walk this year was rather muddy due to very heavy rain on Friday night but fortunately the rain stopped in early Saturday morning and the weather stayed dry all day. We passed a field of cows with their calves.


The wild garlic was in flower. 


The bluebells were beautiful

We stopped and had lunch at the garden centre at the end of the walk before getting the train home. The food as always was delicious. By lunch time the sun had come out, rather weakly, and there was no wind so we had lunch in the garden.

Today I have been catching up with my slow stitching. I worked in half hour slots. First I started some bread and then spent half an hour stitching the binding down on the baby quilt. Then I cleaned the kitchen floor before returning to the binding. Over the morning I caught up on some household chores and stitched the binding down. A good use of time.

I also completed the cat cross stitch today. It should have lettering on it

Unfortunately I couldn't make the letters look good even though I tried several times, so I decided the piece was much better without the words and I declared the stitching finished. The stitching isn't exactly right as I had made several mistakes when I first started the piece. This is why it had been put away and forgotten about. Now I need to find a frame so I can display it. I just realised I need to add a pink stitch on the cat's nose. I'll do that in the morning.


I am linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching  Today has been a good day with two finishes. That doesn't happen very often.

Take care

Lyndsey





3 comments:

  1. How heavenly to walk through all those bluebells. Such a gorgeous garden to visit in springtime. Your baby quilt is sweet and that is one happy and relaxed, stitched cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our two trips to UK never coincided with the blue bells flowering, they must be so lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is the cutest border! the cat cross stitch is adorable,I never had the patience for cross stitching lol

    ReplyDelete