The last two days have been fun. On Wednesday I copied out a pattern for some summer trousers, got them cut out and I've almsot finished them. Just the waist band and the hems to do. As this was a new pattern I was using I needed to make some adjustments to make them fit me perfectly. Adjusting patterns always takes a little time especially if there isn't anyone to help with feedback particularly with trying to view the back of the garment. Having two long mirrows does help. I also did some reading in between and a little gardening. At the end of the day I prepped my machine for a trip to the spa. By the end of the day I had a pair of trousers that were very incomplete. These will get finished at the beginning of next week as I have plans and committments .
On Thursday I needed to drop my sewing machine to the repair shop. The repair man is authorised by Brother to work on their machines unlike the man who told me he was and who did a service on it at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately he hadn't passed the training for my model of machine. Anyway it's all water under the bridge and I felt happy leaving my machine at the new shop.
John and I got back in the car having droped my machine and set the satnav for Wakehurst Place. Kew Gardens, the National Botanical Gardens has a wild botanical garden in Sussex (Wakehurst Place) which also houses the Millenium Seed Bank. We visited a few years ago, well when I say a few years ago I actually mean 24 years ago and we have been meaning to visit again during that time. The drive was easy and enjoyable. We decided to get coffee and a bite to eat before we looked round the garden.
Heading out from the cafe we checked out the map to decide where to go.
We decided to follow the path on the left and go to the lake at the top of the map. There were some beautiful trees and views on the way. This tree is a weeping sequoia, I like its slender trunk
As we were walking we had been climbing . Soon we could look down on a small pond feed from a water fall. There wasn't much water flowing but by the side of the pond everything was slightly greener.
There were a couple of mallard chicks swimming around. I completely forgot to take a photo of the ducks on Westwood Lake. We walked back along the Humalayan Glade and from there made our way towards the Mansion. We decided we didn't have time to go into the house if we wanted tea and cake. You have to get your prioitise right when out and about!
Somewhere in the garden there is a fourth scilpture but we didn't find it. We'll hunt for that when we next visit.






















No comments:
Post a Comment