Yesterday I shared that I had some Christmas sewing that I wanted to get done. I made a good start on the cushions but yesterday afternoon and all of today I focussed on the heavenly host decorations.
i bought this kit when I visited the Stitch festival with my friend Michelle. We both bought a kit and we planned to get them made in time for Christmas last year. In fact we both partially made one of them but that was it. I decided I needed to get them all made so yesterday I cut out all the pieces I needed. The dolls are made from felt and can be made as hanging decorations for the Christmas tree or to stand on a table. I decided I'd use them on the tree. I made the body of the second doll yesterday and today I got the third doll made. The dolls were the easy part. The bits for the embroidery, knitting and sewing machine were small and I spent a lot of time losing bits even though I had them all laid out carefully in the box. Eventually I got all three of them finished and I'm quite pleased with them. This first one was the easiest.
The second one hand her embroider. The instructions tell you to use a thin strip of cardboard to make an embroidery hoop. I simply couldn't get that to work at all, although I did try for ages.
The sewing machine took a while to make as it was very fiddly.
For some reason I had built up the idea in my head that this pattern is really difficult. I spent some time going through the pattern and it's not difficult so much as large.....and stitched on black aida. It also doesn't help that cross stitch isn't my favourite type of embroidery.
I'm back at work tomorrow. I had hoped to work at home on Wednesday since my overlocker is being delivered but I have meetings I need to go to. Roll on Friday, my sewing day, when I can play with my new toy.
This evening I really feel like finding a good film to watch and just chilling out.
Take care
Lyndsey






No comments:
Post a Comment