Tuesday 31 July 2012

Tetris block 2 and a finish

Yesterday I found time to complete the second block for the Tetris QAL. Use the button on the right to take you to Melissa's site to see the completed blocks so far or to join in the fun. Here is my second block.
I managed to find a different selection of fabrics to block 1 in my scraps pile to make the 3inch blocks. I managed this arrangement at the first attempt going down the list of playing pieces given and placing them as I would in a game. 

If I put the two blocks together I can make two complete rows, that is a row with no white squares. Can't wait until the next selection of pieces are released.

I also completed this months baby quilt for Linus. This used some left over fabric from our Guide project so I only had to buy the wadding. Next months Linus quilt will use the Tetris blocks.


The colours are not showing up right due to the lighting, the border is in fact a pale lavender colour and the binding and 'blue' in the quilt is purple. 

Pets on Quilts starts tomorrow and I have been searching through my photos of Scamp and Picasso 'helping' with my quilts. Scamp loves to have his photo taken and even tried to get into picture above.

2 comments: