Thursday 12 November 2015

Diwali, Remembrance and sewing projects.



On this date in 1918 the guns fell silent at 11a.m. as the World War 1 ended. Today at 11a.m many schools colleges and other workplaces observed 2 minutes silence to remember those who have died in conflict around the world.

Today is Diwali.


We had a fun evening at Rainbows and Brownies celebrating Diwali. The girls enjoyed trying Indian sweets but some found them too sweet.  They designed their own Rangoli patterns and also coloured some patterns we had printed out. We made diya lamps and put tea lights in them and also learnt a little about the Hindu religion and the festival of Diwali. 

On the sewing front there hasn't been a lot of time to do anything today but I made some decisions. Having laid the rainbow scrap challenge quilt out again I decided it is perfect as it is.


I've now put this top away whilst I work on some others. It will get quilted in the new year.
I pulled out the fabric for the 'It's a dogs life'. Looking at it with fresh eyes I decided I like the fabric patterns and so started cutting the pieces for the blocks. I've also been stitching away at the binding on the baby quilt and set up the first of the cat stitcheries.

I'm now working for the next two days and going for dinner with older daughter tomorrow evening so not a lot of chance for sewing. I'll take my hexi block with me as I can stitch whilst we chat.

Opps it's half past twelve and I'm feeling very tired. Time for bed as the alarm will go off in less than 6 hours time.

Lyndsey


No comments:

Post a Comment