Sunday 8 January 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching.

Today John, Lucy and I went walking. We are walking the Capital Ring - a walk that circles London. John and I have walked it before and Lucy wanted to do it too so this is my second time round and John's 4th. Today was a short section from Greenford to South Kenton. It managed to stay dry whilst we were walking but as we came out of the tube following our journey home it was raining. Once home it was lovely to sit and cuddle Scamp before getting on with my cross stitch.

I had planned to work on the millennium sampler this month but I changed my mind and have been working on the Christmas tree instead. Well I've actually been continuing the sky. I stuck with the sky as it meant I could watch TV as I stitched. The tree involves only doing two or three stitches before the need to change threads. Here's how far I'd got last time.



I'm pleased with the progress I've made but there's still a long way to go.


I'm linking with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday  Why not go and see what everyone's been working on.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. I love how the sky looks. The Christmas tree is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some very dense cross-stitch. It looks good. I haven't done cross-stitch in many years, but I love doing handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the capital ring? Sounds like an interesting walk. Your cross stitch is definitely growing, it will look lovely when you finish, and I admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sky is really filling in. Lovely to see progress like that, isn't it. What a great idea to encourage walking. We have lots of walking trails around here all through woods and fields.

    ReplyDelete