Monday 2 January 2017

Nearly back to work time.

Today I wanted to make the quilt sandwich for the 'It's a dog's life' quilt. I'd made this a few weeks ago but it got all scrunched up in my storage box so I needed to redo it. It needed a good pressing first and then I remade the quilt sandwich. It didn't take long and that left me some time to consider how I'm going to quilt it. I have a few ideas but I need to practice a bit before I try it on the quilt. I want to be more adventurous with my FMQ this year and I've got some patterns I want to try. More at the weekend when I'll have time to start the quilting.




Next I made a few more blocks for the Bear Paw quilt. The blocks take some time to make as the half square triangles have to be trimmed to one and half inches. It went much quicker when I changed the rotary cutter blade.

The rain stopped long enough to take Scamp and Buddy for a walk over the common although it was getting dark when we got home. I shall miss my walks to the common with Scamp everyday when I start back at work tomorrow. Why is it holidays go so quickly and I never manage to fit in all the things I want to do? Still it will soon be the weekend.

I was browsing through my photos when I realised I hadn't posted about the outcome of the mini quilt swap I took part in a while back. I made a mini 'cats stairway to heaven' quilt. That quilt went to live in America.



I didn't show you the really cute quilt that came to live with me. It was made by Barbara from Cat Patches and I just love it. If you follow Barbara's blog you'll know she loves cats and they are part of this quilt. Look at this cute cat on the back,



and the front has that cute paw print fabric.



I can't wait to put the Christmas decorations away and get this quilt back on display. I love that the quilt looks really good whichever side is showing.

I think I'm all organised for tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow evening I 'll be able to do some more sewing.

Lyndsey.


3 comments:

  1. I love your cat quilts, and you did a fantastic job on your Dog's life quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats and dogs all in one post. Glad you like your mini. Yours is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brown bear paws will look wonderful with their little pop of red. The cat quilts are so cute. I know the Christmas week rushes by no matter how quiet it is. Happy New Year to you and I enjoy your posts very much.

    ReplyDelete