Sunday 23 September 2018

Crochet time.

Thank goodness it's the weekend. Last week was tiring and the storm on Thursday night didn't help. The wind and rain really stressed Scamp and he whined and shook like a leaf for hours. We were lucky in London with no flooding or damage but I must admit that the storm was scary. Whilst teaching on Friday the rain was being blown horizontal by the wind which was interesting to watch. I was supposed to be visiting my brother in Leicester this weekend but he rang to cancel as the weather was so bad. As a result I had a free evening so I started a new project. 

I haven't done very much crochet in the last few years and certainly didn't plan on doing any now. When I went searching on the internet for a pattern to make a unicorn hat, I found a suitable pattern very quickly  all thanks to Google. I had been planning to knit the hat but what I found was a crochet pattern. I had to buy some yarn and hunt out my crochet hooks before I could make a start. I took the pattern with me to buy the yarn rather than just making a note of what I needed. It's fortunate that I did as it proved really useful. The yarn I needed was worsted weight which in the UK is double knitting or aran weight. The lady who served me was very helpful and found the perfect yarn and whilst chatting with her she mentioned that the stitches had different names in the US to the UK. The first thing I did when I got home was check it out on the internet and sure enough double crochet stitches are treble stitches in the UK. Having sorted that out I was ready to start.



I've now reached the point I need to add the ear flaps. This is a very quick project and should be done by this time next week. I can't wait to add the rainbow mane!

On Thursday I gave my student the quilt I'd made for her baby son. She bought him in to meet her fellow students and they loved having a cuddle with him. He's ten days old and such a little cutie.

Today I've also continued with my cleaning and clearing drive. I took all my clothes from the wardrobe and went through everything. I tried all the items on and several items are now destined for the charity shop. Tomorrow I'm going to go through all the clothes in my chest of drawers. Having now made some space I guess I can go shopping for some new clothes.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some sewing. It's lovely having a free weekend as it means I have time to work on my projects.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little cap. I used to crochet years ago, but haven’t done it in so long I think I’d have to be retaught. I didn’t know the stitches had different names in the two countries. You’re very ambitious going through your clothes. I keep threatening to do it, and some of the things in my closet haven’t seen the light of day in years. I’m telling myself I’ll wait until the weather gets colder.

    ReplyDelete