Sunday 23 September 2018

Slow down, it's Sunday!

All week at work has been rush rush rush so I planned on having a quiet and relaxing day. The fact that it was raining for most of the time made it much easier as I couldn't rush around getting any outside jobs done. This morning I settled on a little more sorting and tidying. This proved most beneficial as I found two £25 gift cards that Lucy and I had been given last year when we took the Guides to Switzerland. I knew they were in the house somewhere but just couldn't place where they'd been put. They'd got mixed up with the accounts paperwork from the camp. I guess next weekend Lucy and I will have a shopping trip which will result in us spending much more than the gift cards, but it will be fun.

I settled down with Scamp to finish off the hat. This didn't take too long but I did have to check out how to decrease stitches in crochet. I'm not even sure if I've ever decreased stitches before.  I then used an accent colour to go all round the edge of the hat and made braids to hang from the ear flaps.



My next job is to stitch the horn and the ears. Before I can finish the unicorn off I will need to get some more yarn. I need rainbow colours but I only have yellow, orange and green at the moment. I've got to pick up some fabric tomorrow so I'll also get the yarn. I'm really liking the speed that this project is going together. 

Towards the end of the afternoon I spent a little time planning my sewing storage. I love the planning stage as it's much less tiring and stressful than actually organising anything. I need to get a handle on the projects I'm working on and make a plan to move them forward. It's so easy to decide there isn't time to do anything in an evening when I get in from work but this just isn't true. This week I've spent a little time each day working on my hand stitching which is very relaxing.

At about 6 p.m. the sun suddenly popped its head out from behind the clouds so Scamp and I rushed out to enjoy a short walk. The temperature has dropped a lot but it isn't really cold and we both enjoyed the exercise. Having now had dinner and cleared up after it we are all ready for a chill out evening. Scamp keeps looking at my lap so I need to finish this post and decide what slow stitching to work on this evening. I think I may just decide to make the unicorn ears and horn so I can start assembling the hat. Once they're stitched I will pull out the latest bag lady and get a little more done on her. Scamp loves slow stitching on a Sunday as he gets to sleep on my lap.

I'm linking this post with Katy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching Pop over and see what everyone has been working on today.

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. The hat is working out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beginning of your unicorn hat, I made several of them in 2013 for my nieces and cousins children they loved them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your little hat -- and especially the colors you've trimmed it out with. I can't wait to see the horn!!! Enjoy your cooler temps. We're still upper 80s, which is better than the 108 degrees it was when I got into my car last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so cute. I love the edging. Now you’re making me want to get out my crochet hooks. I have a project half finished that I started around 30 years ago. Ha!

    ReplyDelete