Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday at last.

This last week has been a little mad with lots of travelling for work and too little time at home. After the busy week a quiet weekend would have been a good idea but I decided to start a big sort out of all my personal and Guide paperwork and make sure it's up to date and filed correctly. It's the start of my plan to become a highly organised person! OK so it's never going to happen completely but I can dream. Plus if I get more organised I'll have more time for stitching. Here in the UK we have a new guide programme that covers all the age ranges.We have until August 2019 to implement it but Lucy and I decided to start it now. A lot of this afternoon was spent going through the old resources and consigning it to the paper recycling bin. The dust from the paper gave me a serious sneezing fit and Scamp joined in as well.

Once I gone through everything I'd planned for the day it was time to turn my mind to sewing. First I remembered that I hadn't shown you a picture of the completed baby quilt I made so I pulled the gift bag from the cupboard. The student has had her baby and is bringing him in to show the class on Thursday so I thought I'd take it into work and store it in my desk so I didn't forget it. It's a good job I decided to do that because when I took it out of the bag to photograph I found this.



Looking at it a vague memory came to mind. A memory of having unexpected guests and tidying it into the gift bag to keep it clean and out of the way. I sat down and finished stitching the binding on and then lay it on the bed to take a photo.



Mmm I really must get round to redecorating the bedroom. It was planned to be done during our summer holiday but we just ran out of time. I guess it will have to wait until Christmas.

Having done that my problem was deciding what to work on next. I need to take some time out to list all my projects. As they aren't all stored in the same place it's a little difficult to keep track of them. Getting organised will mean making a full inventory so I know where I am. My problem is that I love finishing projects but starting a new project is even more enjoyable. A year or two ago Barbara, from Cat patches, ran a NewFO challenge. Each month you had to start a new fabric project. Now that was no problem because I love starting something new but I still have several of them that aren't finished. I'm not complaining and it definitely wasn't Barbara's fault but I do need to finish up a few of them.

Anyway after a lot of indecision I decided to spend the rest of my sewing time today working on my grandmother's garden quilt. For this row round the central hexie is one of the rainbow colours and the outer hexies are white. I need to prep a whole lot of white hexies. It's a good sewing job to do whilst watching a movie or chatting and is perfect for a Sunday evening.



Being an English paper piecing project this is really slow but fun to do. It will be finished eventually. 

Tomorrow evening I'm going to make a start on reorganising the sewing projects including making a full list of where I'm at with each of them. For now I'm going to carry on with some slow Sunday stitching.

Take care and stay safe.

Lyndsey.




2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little baby quilt. I like your hexies. I haven’t ever tried them, but a lot of people are doing them right now. I might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Superb. I love the fact that I’ve never seen something like that before.

    Thanks!
    embroidery patches etsy
    Back patches for vests

    ReplyDelete