Thursday 27 December 2018

The Best of 2018



It's always fun to look back over the year and enjoy the best bits. Every year has it's up and downs but overall 2018 has been a good year with more highs than lows. I'm crossing my fingers that 2019 will continue in the same vain. Cheryl over at Meadow Mist Designs is hosting her Best of 2018 link party. There are no set rules, just pick your 5 best posts of 2018 and link them up. I love things that have no particular rules and are easy to do so let me see what I can come up with.



The post that had the most views surprised me because I was sure it was going to be a blog hop post or quilters meet and greet but no the one with the most views was a  Friday Finish at the end of March where I showed off Beulah who I had just finished stitching.


I still have a couple more bag ladies to finish stitching before I can make the quilt top. That's on my list of things to do in 2019.

In September I showed off my favourite quilt, The Mariners Compass Quilt. John bought me the fabric for this quilt for Christmas 2016 and I worked on it throughout 2017.  I renamed it my rescue quilt. It took a lot of concentration to get the pattern right and due to my neuropathy and poor concentration the points aren't perfect and neither are the joins between blocks but I love this quilt. I played with the quilting and practised my free motion quilting. It's now on my bed and I'm very proud of it.




I love spending time with my family and over the year John, Lucy and I have shared many walks. This pair are great walking companions. They like to stop and look at things, enjoy coffee and cake and chat a lot as we walk. What more can you ask of your walking partners.




When I post pictures of our walks I receive a lot of comments. I'm thrilled that people in other countries want to see more of Britain. We are very lucky to have a rich history with lots of ancient monuments and castles but also beautiful countryside.

I love taking part in blog hops, they're such fun and visiting everyone is so inspiring. Carol from Just Let me Quilt has run several blog hops this year and I've taken part in all of them (if my memory is working correctly.) One of my favourites was the virtual cookie hop where we could share Christmas recipes, decorations and quilts. It gave me a chance to show off my stollen that I made for the first time. I always thought it must be really difficult to make so hadn't attempted it before. I just wish I'd been able to get hold of white marzipan rather than the golden that was available in our nearest grocery store.




The final 'best' of 2018 is all of you out in blog land. You inspire me with the quilts and items you make, you teach me so many new techniques and help with decision making. I love reading the blogs I follow and also dipping into others. It's a shame there isn't more time to read more blogs but if I did that I'd never get anything made.

2018 has been a good year. I haven't made that many things but I've had fun and learnt some new skills along the way. I'm looking forward to 2019 and developing my quilting and stitching skills even more.

Click on the best of 2018 button on the sidebar to go and see what other people are linking up. 

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. I remember all of these posts. Looking forward seeing more of your lovely homeland in 2019. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection. I especially love your walking posts. Hoping to get to your country some day, but if I never do, I’ve seen a good bit of it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete