Thursday 31 January 2019

January goal complete


Talk about taking it to the line! I set myself the goal of completing the quilt for Alex. At the beginning of January I had made a start on the quilting but still had a lot to do. I found it quite difficult snatching time to do the quilting partly because of work but also because we had several exhibitions we wanted to visit and a weekend away. Having finished the quilting on the 22nd it left me a few days to attach the binding by machine and hand stitch it to the back. One of these days I will try attaching the binding by machine.



Now all I have to do is arrange to visit Alex again to delivery it to him. Before that I need to put the quilt through the washing machine. Picasso  has made himself very comfortable on the quilt whilst I've been stitching the binding and he's left quite a few black hairs over it and a couple of muddy paw prints.

Last weekend whilst we were away I came across this pack of fat quarters. I have a plan to use these in the near future.


Last Sunday, we had a very windy bird watching experience. We went to Titchwell Marsh on the Sunday morning after we had enjoyed a very tasty breakfast. This reserve is on the coast and we walked along the path that led to the beach. On the way we watched ducks and waders on the lagoons which were fresh water.  When we got to the beach the tide was  going out but there was very little bird activity. I had fun taking photos of the beach itself.


I was intrigued by the lone cottage further around the bay.


The wind was blowing the sand about but it was difficult to get a good picture.


Down at the waters edge the beach was littered with shells.



As the wind got up we went in search of a cup of tea. 

So having finished my January goal I now need to decide on my February goal. I have several projects I want to work on so I need to make a decision.

Outside it's snowing. I'm not sure if there will be any on the ground in the morning as the rain is following the snow. Take care if the weather is bad where you are.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish, I find I shy away from machine bindings too. I have tried them on really small items but am never happy with the results so it's slow stitching for me until I practice a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete