Tuesday 3 September 2019

Goals for September



For a whole shed load of reasons I haven't joined in with one monthly goal for several months. I won't bore you with the reasons for not joining in, let's just put it down to life becoming very busy. Now here we are in September and I've had very few finishes this year so it seems a great idea to take part this month. I need to finish some projects so I can start a whole load more. 

My main goal this month will be to get the butterfly baby quilt to the point of being a finished top.  All the butterflies are made so now I need to make the other blocks.




All 17 butterflies also have their antennae. The alternate blocks are nine patch and I already have quite a lot of two and a half inch squares. I will need to cut more from my scraps but scraps are a commodity I have in abundance.

I'm also setting myself a couple of extra goals. I want to complete the top of the tuffet and put it all together. I need to finish the final two sections and then go back through the instructions so I fully understand what I have to do next. I don't want anything to go wrong and I'm very excited to get it finished. The colours of the fabric are just so pretty.

 

I also want to get some more of the white row stitched to my grandmother's garden quilt. I added the first two the other evening.


There are 36 flowers to be added in total on this round. Being realistic on the time I've got available to work on this I'd like to add at least another 12 flowers. 

I'm taking part in the Witchy Stitchy blog hop early in October so I do need to complete my piece. I need some fabric for this so a trip to the quilt shop is needed.

I am also trying to do more blog posts. When you're writing posts regularly it just becomes part of life but this year I got out of the habit. I found I was bringing work home with me and so I had no time to post. Since returning to work following my holiday I've made other staff aware that I will only take work home in exceptional circumstances. I was surprised and impressed that several other staff members felt the same way so there is now a group of about ten of us who are supporting each other to make work fit in the working day and not take over personal time. I've been enjoying hand stitching in the evenings and also writing posts which leaves me feeling relaxed and happy. I know there will be occasions when I have to do some work in the evening but it's not going to become the norm again.

Take care everyone where there are threats from severe weather. Stay safe.

I'm linking this post with the goal setting part at .elmstreet quilts one-monthly-goal-september-link-up.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. These both look like wonderful goals. Good luck with your September goals and not taking work home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete