Sunday 29 September 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching.

At last it's Sunday, I'm taking time to breathe and chill out. This last week has been a little manic at work as most of the new students have started. My new intake starts this coming week so last week was making sure everything was working properly and their two day introduction to the course will go smoothly. 

Although the week has been busy I have fitted in quite a lot of hand stitching as well as working on the machine. Not that it was always fun sewing. I had a pile of mending to do and as always I kept on putting it off but in the end it had to be done. My least favourite job is putting in a new zip and the one that needed changing was in my daughter's leather skirt! I think it's time I taught her to do this herself.

Most evenings this week have found me working on the hexies for the grandmother's garden quilt. I had hoped to have attached 12 of the flowers to the quilt by the end of the month but in the end only managed 5. I do have several more made, ready to attach to the quilt and this is what I will be working on tonight. 


The flowers are very portable and I'll continue to carry them with me so I can stitch during my lunch break. From tomorrow evening I will be picking up my knitting in an effort to get John's jumper finished before the weather gets really cold. This is coming along quite well but is heavy to handle as the body was knitted on a circular needle and I have added the sleeves into the body to carry on knitting up to the neck. I'm not sure I like knitting a jumper this way but this is the way the pattern tells me to do it. Anyway there isn't a lot left to do to complete the jumper and I do like knitting when watching TV.

I'm linking this post with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts Pop over and see what everyone is working on.

The sun has just come out so I'm going to take a walk before getting on with some sewing. There won't be a lot of time for stitching in the next few days and I have several things I want to finish.

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. Love your hexies, great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mending is a necessary evil in our household, but I do feel quite virtuous when it is finally done. But I wouldn't go anywhere near replacing a zip in a leather skirt, sounds much too difficult to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will gladly shorten pants and sew on buttons, but I don't think I would replace a zipper. I would leave that to a local seamstress. I love those hexies. A little progress is better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking fantastic. I’ve never made a hexie. Maybe I need to put them on my list. I always like what others do with them. This will be very pretty when it’s all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hexies!

    ReplyDelete