Sunday 8 September 2019

Slow stitching

This week I have spent some time every day slow stitching. I've been working on hexagons for the grandmother's garden quilt. I had made all the middles of the flowers for this round but needed loads of white hexagons to be able to make up the flowers. There are 36 flowers on this round and the flowers need 6 white hexagons per flower meaning 216 in total. I still haven't prepped all of them but I'm getting there. Anyway you can get bored doing too much of the same thing. Well what I mean, I get bored doing the same thing. Today I decided to get on with cutting some more two and a half inch squares for my butterfly quilt.


I still have lots of scraps to cut up but I need to press them first as they've been stuffed into a bag.

This afternoon I decided I would give the hexagons a rest. When we travelled to India I took the rabbit's garden stitchery with me. I got it out and did a little stitching on it once in the two weeks we were away. Since getting home I haven't touched it at all so today I pulled it out and took a quick photo. When I've finished writing this post I'll press it so it's ready to work on later. What a mess, I really have packed it more carefully.


I'm hoping to be able to do a little hand stitching everyday this week. It really is most relaxing particularly after a day at work. I love the cooler weather as I can justify sitting stitching in the evening and watching TV. In the summer there are jobs that need doing in the garden but once it starts getting dark in the early evening those jobs have to wait for the weekend.

What are you working on today? I'm linking this post with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching Why not pop over and see what everyone has been busy working on.

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. Cute stitchery - will look forward to seeing it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of your Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I love all things hexagon! The stitchery is a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a bit of slow stitching is there. I didn't pack any for our Aussie holiday, but always make sure I have some on our times away in the caravan.

    ReplyDelete