Sunday 29 September 2019

September OMG review


It's that time of the month when we link up to show our progress against our monthly goal.  I'm very pleased that this month I have actually achieved my goal. I wanted to turn my butterfly blocks into a quilt top. Here's what I had at the beginning of the month. Well not quite since I had all 17 butterflies and they all had their antennae.


I needed to make 18 nine patch blocks and then stitch them into a top. First I needed to cut some more squares from my scraps. With a bit of stitching here and there I achieved this goal and here is the completed top.


I love the look of this top and all the fabric for the nine patch and the butterflies blocks was from my scraps. This is a baby quilt made from a pattern by Connie Kresin Campbell from Freemotion by the river This quilt doesn't have any borders so the next job is to make the quilt sandwich and get on with the quilting.  When I showed it to my son he told me to add more rows to make it bigger so it can be a cuddle quilt for the cooler evenings. I'm not sure I want to do that but I'll give it some thought since before I can do anything else on the quilt I need to buy wadding.

I also set a goal of finishing the top for my tuffet. This was completed about mid September and I had hoped to have the whole thing completed by now but I need some help with the finishing. Anyway here is the tuffet top. I love the bright colours, they make me very happy.


Having stitched all the sections together you can see the shape to make it fit snuggly over the foam cushion of the tuffet. I also need to make the big central button for the top. I'm hoping to get this finished next weekend when John is free to help me. Before then I need to find our heavy duty staple gun and staples.

I have also managed other sewing activities and gone walking with John as well as getting up to date with work. My new cohort starts on Tuesday and everything is ready for them. 

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for September OMG Link party I must visit and see how everyone got on with their goals.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Your butterfly quilt is beautiful! I can see why your son is trying to lay claim to it. Ooh! I’m fascinated by the tuffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used different blocks along with the butterflys! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project.

    ReplyDelete