Sunday 1 September 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching.

Today has been a perfect Sunday. To start with the alarm did not go off. Every weekday the alarm goes off at 6 a.m. and at the weekend it goes off at 7 or 7:30 depending on what we have planned. Today no alarm and I slept until just gone 8 a.m. The temperature last night was cooler and this ensured a good sleep. After breakfast John and I headed to the common with Scamp for a long walk. Scamp had a great time running round , meeting other dogs and enjoying all the interesting sniffs. Back home I had a few chores to do and then I could settle down to some stitching.

A few weeks ago we went to a quilt show at Lullingstone Castle and whilst there I treated myself to a kit to make a small shoulder bag.


The bag is made using hexagons which I love working with. The next problem was to decide the fabric I wanted to use. In searching through my stash I found 5 fat quarters of batiks that would be perfect. I choose the 4 I wanted to use for the outside. The fifth fabric is for the facing on the flap.


As part of the kit you get hexiform pre cut shapes. These are slightly padded and replace the paper used in English paper piecing. The hexiforms are left in the completed work and give it more substance. There are several different shapes to make and the kit has separate hexiforms shape for each.


I cut out all 32 hexagon shapes needed and will make them up before I cut any of the other shapes. I cut 8 from each fabric.

I have also been working on my EPP quilt for Lucy. I decided that this round would be white with the centre being rainbow colours. I cut and prepared all the hexagons needed for the centres and have been sewing these into the flowers. 


I started sewing the hexagon flowers to the quilt. There are 36 flowers in this round.


My plan for the week is to get at least 9 flowers added to the quilt. I'm linking this post with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching  Why not pop over and see what everyone has been working on.

Lyndsey

1 comment: