Friday 7 February 2020

February's goal

February OMG  link-up is open!

February is already well underway so I must identify my goal for the month. I have several projects that I need to get finished and preferably this month. To start with I'm taking part in the Colour it Red blog hop that starts on the 17th. The project I'm making is going well and will be completed this weekend. Here is a sneak peek at some of the fabric pieces.


Mmm I love red and white.

I have two baby quilts to make this month. One of the babies is due at the end of February, the other in early March and both babies are girls. I'm using the butterfly top I made for one of the quilts. 


Last weekend I picked up this green star fabric for the backing.



The blue fabric and red fat quarters are for a new project that I will start once I've finished the baby quilts.  I saw the stripey fat quarter and had to buy it just because I love it.

The second baby quilt I have to make from scratch. John bought some fabric in January when we were visiting Suffolk. I love these fabrics and I'm going to add some from my stash.



So what's my goal for this month? My goal is to complete the butterfly quilt as it will be gifted on the 25th February. I have the quilt sandwich to make , the quilting to do and then the binding. I'm away next weekend and then later in the month so I'll need to make sure I don't waste the time I've got.  I would also like to complete the second quilt but I'm not sure if that's feasible.

My secondary goal is to complete the embroidery on Constance. I started stitching these bag ladies in 2017 and want to get them together in a quilt top.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for February One monthly Goal

Lyndsey

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a manageable goal, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric for the new baby quilt looks really cute I know it will make a great quilt. And the butterfly quilt so so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty fabrics here. I love those reds and whites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red and white, too! Your butterfly quilt is really darling -- perfect gift for a baby quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby quilts are always fun to make, you've got a good start with the butterfly top already done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the butterflies! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete