Sunday 9 February 2020

Sunday Stitching.

This weekend I managed to fit in a good amount of sewing time. Yesterday Kathryn came over for the day and in the evening Olly joined us for dinner. Kathryn and I spent some time chatting and did a bit of shopping but I also managed to make the quilt sandwich for the butterfly quilt. Today I decided to make a start on the quilting and completed stitching in the ditch between the blocks. At that point I stopped as I wanted to spend some time on other projects.

Yesterday I had also worked on my Colour it Red project for the blog hop later this month. I did a little more work on it this morning and a couple more hours will see this project finished. You'll have to wait until the hop for the photos.

I spent some time cutting the fabric for the second baby quilt. The mother of this baby was admitted to the labour ward today so I need to get a wriggle on with the quilt. The pattern I'm making is a charm square baby quilt by Elizabeth Hartman for Sew Mama Sew published in 2009. I used this pattern before and the quilt makes up very quickly.


I'm not using a charm pack so had to cut the 5 inch squares. Tomorrow evening I will start the stitching on this quilt. After that I settled down for some slow stitching. I started working on sewing on the binding of the Christmas quilt but I got a little tired of it so later I switched to stitching on Constance.  This is very relaxing and as I have a busy week this week I wanted to enjoy my slow stitching to the full. I'm going to finish all the skin colour tonight and also work on her hair.



I should have Constance finished this week if I'm lucky. It all depends on the weather and the traffic. If the traffic is heavy because of the weather than I don't have much time in the evening for stitching but if the weather is good and the traffic behaves I have more time to sit and stitch as my commute home is quicker.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching. Go and check out what everyone's been working on this week.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. A sweet and simple baby quilt. Such a nice gift. Constance is a serious shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constance is looking good. Such a sweet baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice baby quilt and Constance is looking good as well. Hand stitching binding is a little boring and not my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Constance has attitude...I really like her! It must be those sunglasses! Do those come pre-colored or do you do the coloring before stitching? :)

    ReplyDelete