Tuesday 11 February 2020

Just let me sew

I've several projects that I want to finish this month and I have a real chance of achieving it. Normally when I get in from work I'm usually quite tired and end up watching TV whilst doing some hand stitching. In order to complete my projects I need to do some sewing in an evening so the last two nights I've done just that. Last night I did some quilting on the butterfly baby quilt and tonight I started the sewing on my second baby quilt. This is the pattern I'm making.


I've finished sewing all the squares and half squares into rows and now I need to sew them to the sashing rows.


I won't have any time for sewing tomorrow as I have Brownies and Guides but Thursday evening I'll be able to get this quilt to flimsy stage. I love the fabrics that John chose and they look good together.

I'm not getting on very fast with stitching the binding onto the Christmas quilt. there are 280 inches to stitch down but doing my embroidery is much more interesting. I'm hoping to have the binding done by next week.

When I've finished these quilts I have several new projects to start. I can't wait, maybe I'll start a new project this weekend!

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. Always love starting a new project, looking forward to seeing your new start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. Love the fabrics and colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get there in the end, just enjoy the process, you will be tired, out st work all day. Thats a lovely idea for a baby quilt, using squares and half squares will have to remember that for later.

    ReplyDelete