Saturday 4 April 2020

Spring is in the air

Spring is definitely in the air. The sun is shining and the temperature is set to rise this weekend. Unfortunately we are on essential trips and exercise only  but currently the sunlight is flooding into the house through our south facing windows.The day feels good. John and I got up early this morning to go shopping. We arrived as they were opening and had split our list of essentials with John going to the main grocery store and I got the fruit, vegetables and others essentials from other shops. The only thing we couldn't get was bread flour but we got bread. I still have some bread flour, probably enough for two more loaves. I'd been wanting to get back to baking my own bread and I've taken advantage of the current situation to make a start. I love the process of making bread and the taste of still warm bread with butter is blissful.

On Wednesday evening John and I started a 1000 piece jigsaw. I bought it as a joke present for his birthday back on March 15th and we hadn't had time to play. We haven't done a jigsaw in years so this was fun. Yesterday we both decided we had no energy for work so we played with the jigsaw and finished it.



I was so engrossed with the puzzle that Picasso saw his chance to nip in and drink my tea. If he's around I can't leave my tea mug unattended.



I had to put on some laundry but the sunshine made me decide to do a mini spring clean, cleaning the living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. meanwhile John was outside working on tidying the garden. It's very satisfying to have it all clean except the bedrooms and stairs. I'll do them tomorrow or later in the week. 

A nap at this point would have been great but I want to finish my living room curtains. I have one curtain made but need to get the other one done so I can hang them at the window. I also bought the fabric for new curtains in my bedroom. I went shopping for the fabric in the morning and later that day the government said only go out to go essential food shopping or exercise. 

Anyway this afternoon I got on with my living room curtain. I'd already joined the main fabric widths and the lining and very soon I'd joined the main fabric to the lining. Next to fold in the heading and add the header tape. I needed to make sure the pattern matched the curtain I'd already made and this proved quite easy. Whilst sewing the header tape on the needle came  out of the holder and having put it back in securely the needle then broke.. I made a cup of tea and after I'd drank it went back to the curtains and finished attaching the header tape but I decided to leave the hem until to morrow morning. All the cleaning had worn me out . No problem by lunch time tomorrow this set of curtains will be hanging at the window.

Yesterday I was going through a box of papers that I'd stored until I had time to sort them. I'm so pleased that I decided to go through them as I found Millicent who has been missing in action for some time. I'd search high and low for her but couldn't find her anywhere but now she is reunited with the rest of the girls.





I also found the cattitudes cross stitch. I've just got the head and front paws to do on this.




and also this frog stitching/quilting pattern. I've no plans at the moment to start this stitching but it's nice to have it back with my embroidery patterns.



It all goes to prove that you need to sort things out at the time not stick them in a box to deal with at a latter date. The rest of the paperwork in the box has been filed, shredded or put in the recycling bin. Now I just need to find my bag of toy stuffing and everything is back where it should be.


It's been a busy day and I finished it off by doing some more stitching on Mildred. I'll show you my progress tomorrow.  Until then take care, remember to keep a safe distance from people if gong out , and stay safe.

Lyndsey 


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Millicent is back with the group. The frog pattern is really cute. Like myself you have plenty to keep you busy during this stay at home time. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen that frog pattern made up, and it’s very cute. Sounds like you’re staying busy with plenty of projects for stitching.

    ReplyDelete