Wednesday 1 April 2020

April goals

It's April already and the 1st was my Mom's birthday which is also April fool's day and my mom loved to play practical jokes on us when we were little. Always fun little jokes not the unkind jokes some people play on each other these days. Once we were old enough to do it, my brother and I would get up early, before she was up, and make her a cup of tea and sometimes toast to take up to her along with our presents and home made cards. Strangely I always remember her birthday as sunny and I was very happy to find the sun peeping through the curtains this morning. There was a frost last night and the temperature is only supposed to reach 9 degrees C today but at the moment the sky is blue and the sun has warmth in it. My mom was born in the same year as the Queen but 20 days earlier and was also the same height at 5 foot 4 inches. When fully grown I enjoyed being 2 inches taller than her but now have to put up with my younger daughter who looks down on me from her lofty 5 foot 11 inches. Isn't it funny how the date sets your memory off on a journey through the years!




It's that time of the month again to set some goals for the month. Last month I did really well completing both goals I set myself, plus an extra finish. 

I want to finish Mildred the bag lady this month. I pulled her out of my hand stitching bag and this is how far I'd got.


Last night I stitched her socks and one sandal. I need to find the flesh coloured floss for her legs but otherwise I've got all the thread I need to complete this piece.

I also want to make Luna Lapin. I need to order some toy stuffing from Amazon. I know I have some somewhere but I've no idea where it is. I've made one of the legs and prepped the ears so this should be possible. I would love to have it made by Lucy's birthday on the 18th which is just over two weeks away. 

I'm also hoping to finish some blocks for the Austen Family album quilt I started a couple of years ago. I need to check how many blocks I've left to make. 

Here in London the shops are now well stocked after the panic buying that went on a couple of weeks ago. John and I are still going out to shop for groceries but keeping the outing as short as possible as some folks don't seem to understand social distancing. We are also taking Scamp for a walk each day as he really needs his exercise and so do we. Picasso enjoys sitting in the sun outside our front door and I watched him allow a lady who was passing to tickle him under his chin and talk to him for a while. I popped out to say hello being careful to stay a safe distance away. She was so happy as she hadn't talked to anyone for several days and had finally got her nerve together to go out of the house for a walk.Picasso preened himself after she told him how much she had enjoyed giving him a stroke.

Take care and stay safe.

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. I just love "Mildred" and her various sewing containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will enjoy watching your goals progress. I read on your Cat Patches comment that your daughter and son-in-law has the virus. Hope they are improving. You are often in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's quite cute! I'm sure she's "social distancing" walking around town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete