Wednesday 29 July 2020

July has been good for finishes.

Covid 18 has made the last few months hard work. Working from home is great because there's no commute, easy access to snacks and slightly more time for sewing. The down side is having annual leave but feeling the need to keep on working because there is so much to organise before the new academic year starts. This week I've tried to get everything finished and from tomorrow I won't be checking into my emails.  Tomorrow John and I will be heading for Norfolk where we have booked a hotel for a long weekend. Lots of walking, including along the coast and also some bird watching. I haven't checked yet if there is a quilt shop in the area where we'll be. I hope so.

July has been a good month for finishes and I finished my one monthly goal. 



My goal for the month was to finish a tote bag I'd started last year. It stalled because I hadn't got any fabric for the lining. When going through my stash I found some suitable fabric which I used.


The magnetic fastener keeps the content of the bag safe, a must when carrying my purse.


I was very happy when during the month I finished the rainbow batik flimsy. I have ordered some of the aubergine fabric for the backing and binding. Once it arrives I will need to decide how I'm going to quilt it.


The colours in this flimsy just make me smile. It's so bright and cheerful. I can't wait to get this quilt finished.

I've also finished the last bag lady embroidery,Thelma. Now I need to decide how I'm going to use these embroideries.


Whilst we're away I will be making some decisions on what to work on next month. I have several projects to choose from, the Austen family album quilt which I have been making blocks for this month, the Bear's paw quilt, the Mario quilt for Richard or some of the smaller projects. Of course i could always start a new project.....

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the OMG Finish linky I must go and check out completed projects.

Don't forget the Christmas in July (Then and Now) blog hop. As a reminder here's the participants for the final two days.


2 comments:

  1. I love your rainbow batik quilt top...it's beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete