Monday 6 July 2020

Slow Sunday stitching

On Friday I told you about a new project I've started The Red Manor House. When I saw the picture of the quilt I decided I had to  make it and that it would be a scrappy quilt. I had fun sorting through my fabrics to find what I wanted to use for the central house block. This was a fun block to make and went together very easily. The photo doesn't really show the fabric I chose for the windows. It has a narrow silver strip on it and I wanted the strip to run top to bottom on all the windows. The applique still needs to be done on the little round window and I will do that by hand.


There is a narrow border that goes all round this block before a round of diamond blocks that are foundation pieced. I'm going to have fun picking fabrics for the border and the diamond blocks.

Over the weekend I made a couple of blocks for the Austen family album quilt and cut the pieces for another two blocks. I didn't have a lot of time for sewing as I needed to do some marking and some baking. Katy and Ollie also dropped off our weekly shopping and came in for a cup of tea and a chat. It's lovely that they are now able to come into the house but even inside we are still socially distancing since Katy has to go into school on some days as they have a rota for teaching children of key workers. Olly and Richard work in hospitality and both are back at work. As all of their jobs involve being around a large number of people when travelling or at work, it's a good idea to continue social distancing even among over selves.

I'm on the homeward straight with stitching Thelma. I'm currently working on her hair which is made doing french knots. I also have her shoes to do and the contents of her bag to finish plus her brooch and hat. A couple more evenings and this will be finished.



I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. Do go and visit to see what everyone's been working on.

Take care

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Thelma is coming along well. I seem to remember that she is your final bag lady?

    ReplyDelete