Tuesday 1 December 2020

Virtual Cookie Blog Hop

Welcome to day 2 of the Virtual Cookie blog hop. Carol from Just let me Quilt has run this hop for several years now and I love getting new cookie recipes and also enjoying some quilty goodness.

This year has been so strange that we need some tasty pleasures to cheer us up. I have made my Christmas cake and Christmas pudding and this weekend I need to decorate the cake. Both John and I love butter shortbread but we are currently trying to lose some weight. My answer to this conundrum was to make the shortbread into thinner biscuits than usual. This way I can enjoy them with my afternoon tea but I'm eating less biscuit.


Shortbread only needs three ingredients, butter, sugar and flour and is so easy to make. To make the best shortbread always use butter and not margarine or spreads. I also made some savory biscuits, Cheese and Rosemary to be precise. These you can either make as little rounds that you flatten with a fork or you roll between two pieces of greaseproof paper. I made the little rounds. The mixture doesn't really spread very much when cooking but the biscuits taste delicious. This recipe was from the BBC Good food website. Perfect for nibbles at a Christmas get together.


Finally I made some rice crispy Christmas puddings. These are really easy and perfect for making with children. All you need are rice crispies, chocolate, fondant or moulding icing. Melt the chocolate, stir in the rice crispies and make into a pudding shape. We melted some white chocolate on the top and added holly leaves and a berry made from the moulding icing.



This year I will be using my new Christmas quilt which I'm looking forward to. This was a finish earlier in the year.


Now you need go and visit the other blogs taking part today. Here is the schedule for the rest of the hop.

23 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt is lovely. Your cookies look wonderful but I don't think your theory about thinner shortbread would work for me. I would just need to eat more of them especially if they taste as good as yours look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Christmas quilt. Those goodies all sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rice crispy Christmas puddings look yummy! Your Christmas quilt is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will enjoy that beautiful Christmas Quilt this year. And your cookies look so good, wish we were close enough to share a cup of tea and some of that yummy looking shortbread with some lovely conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy your rice crispie pudding cups are so cute and look so delicious! Love that your Christmas quilt doesn't scream Christmas so that you could leave it out much longer than Christmas. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a kid I never could understand why anybody in their right mind would ever think that something made of just flour, sugar and butter could possibly be good. So glad my taste buds matured and I discovered their wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shortbread and biscuits look so yummy! Thin or thick, shortbread is delicious! Your little puddings are so cute! Your Christmas quilt is beautiful! Love the green stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shortbread, and the biscuits look great too. Your Christmas quilt is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shortbread is the best. I would be in big trouble if that was in my house. LOL!! But with the year we have had...maybe a little shortbread is a good reward. Beautiful Christmas quilt. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many years of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the things I love about blog hops, especially this one, is seeing the variety of baking recipes and projects from other countries. When I hear the word "biscuit" I think English tea party or southern biscuits and gravy. I like your kind of biscuits the best! The quilt is a beautiful way for bundling up to celebrate Christmas. Thank you, Lyndsey, for sharing your magical Christmas treats! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love buttery shortbread. I have never made a savory kind. This sounds like a wonderful idea. The rice crispy treats look so pretty, like they were made at a fancy bakery shop. Very pretty Christmas quilt. Thank you for sharing in the blog hop ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy in the kitchen whipping up all those delicious nibbles. Love the chocolate puddings. Your quilt looks very festive. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute quilt, I need a Christmas quilt...I adore shortbread cookies so I shall have to try your recipe. The decorating you did on the chocolately rice krispie balls make them so appealing - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Savory cheese and rosemary biscuits sound delicious! Not that I would ever say no to a sugar cookie but I really like the idea of a savory variation. Lovely quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww those rice krispies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lyndsey! Your Christmas quilt is lovely. How nice that you get to enjoy it now, after waiting a bit. All of your cookies look delicious and a thinner shortbread cookie is a fabulous idea. I can see myself making the rice krispie recipe with my littles - they would love them. Thanks so much for sharing the ideas. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Recipes. Where are the recipes, Lyndsey? Your shortbread and those savory biscuits look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shortbread is such a tasty delight, especially with a good cuppa for dunking! Your Christmas quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Christmas quilt is so pretty. Shortbread is a favorite here, too. Great idea to make them thinner, I would just eat more of them though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Christmas quilt and shortbread cookies are one of our faves! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty Christmas quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete