Saturday 9 October 2021

Getting sorted

Yesterday was a good day as I started on my ironing mountain. It isn't the worst I've known it but it was taking on mammoth proportions. I decided to do some ironing first thing and stuck at it for an hour. I soon had neat ironed piles of clothes ready for their owners to put away. I still have some more to do but it will have to wait until later. I kept the ironing board set up as I was going to do some sewing but before that I had to have my hair cut. I spent an hour at the hairdressers being pampered and walked out of the salon feeling fabulous. My hairdresser made sure I was comfortable and made me a delicious cup of tea. Normally I hate having my hair cut but the trip today was perfect. She took time to find out what I wanted and then did exactly what I had asked. I shall be asking for the same stylist on my next visit.

Back at home I set to work on the Christmas table runner. I'd cut the strips ready to make the piano keys border. 



These were stitched together into sets of 5. I then cut across the strips to make two piano key sections of 41/4 x 8 inches. Sections were stitched together to make two long side pieces and two end pieces. I also had to trim the central panel to the correct size. The side borders were added next and then the end borders. It was good I'd left the iron set up as there was a lot of seams to be pressed.


Next I chose fabrics for the applique and traced the patterns onto bondaweb. This was then fused to the fabrics.


Yesterday evening I sat and cut the applique shapes out so it was ready to be applied to the center section today. Before I can do that I need to find the right coloured threads from my thread stash.

I need to spend a little time deciding how I'm going to put together the bag ladies quilt. Last month I trimmed and added a border to these ladies. The finished quilt will be a wall hanging in the hallway. 





I'm currently auditioning fabric to use. I've pulled some out I like but all family  members have opinions and so far we haven't come to a consensus.

The other UFO I need to move forward is the large hexagons that I did a few years back for the rainbow scrap challenge. I'd got the top together but didn't like it so I took it apart.


Now I need to reconfigure and put it back together. Meanwhile would it be a silly move to start another quilt? I have a pattern I really want to make and I don't need to buy any fabric to make the top. I'll have a good think and get back to you.

Later today I need to draw out some more hand stitching patterns but I'm going to start by attaching the appliques to the table runner .

Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Your Bad Ladies are so cute! They will make a really fun wallhanging! The fabrics in your Christmas runner are really pretty. Interesting to see how you do the appliqué! take care, cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the typo I meant Bag Ladies, of course! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three lovely projects on the go, Lyndsey! Room for one more? I say, the more the merrier! :o))

    ReplyDelete