Sunday 10 October 2021

Slow stitching.

This post is very short as the weekend has flown by and I seem to have achieved very little.  Yesterday, Saturday, was a little slow as far as getting any sewing time was concerned.  In the morning I did some ironing with the intention of then having some time to work on the quilting of the hare quilt. Whilst I was still ironing Katy, my older daughter phoned to say she would pop over so no sewing happened. The day was a lot of fun and Katy and I enjoyed cooking dinner together. At the end of the evening I drove her home.

So today I needed to create some time for sewing. It was a little difficult as John and Richard decided to tidy the loft and sort out their tools. The tools were laid out over the living room floor and for quite a while chaos ensued. In the end I left them to it and fused the applique to my Christmas table runner. I then needed to hand embroider the reindeer's antlers.


I was very pleased with the result. Having completed the applique I pieced the backing for the table runner. I still need to sort out the wadding. I know I have a big enough piece somewhere. I was thinking of embroidering a red nose on one of the reindeer but I decided against this idea. The antlers were finished quite quickly and I went back to looking through my embroidery patterns for the next project

This afternoon I spent some time cooking. I made a lentil roast and a cheese and onion pie. The pie is for tomorrow but we had the lentil roast for dinner and it was delicious. Tomorrow I have work but I'm hoping to have some time for hand stitching.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching Pop over and see what everyone is working on today.

Take care

Lyndsey


2 comments: