Sunday 3 October 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Today I have felt tired for most of the day. The party next door went on until 4 a.m. but we went to bed at 1 a.m. and slept through any noise. Even though I slept I still felt tired and it has been a slow day. I spent a little time cutting some of the fabric for the Christmas table runner. These strips need to be stitched together in sets of 5's and then cut into 4.5 inch lengths to form the border. I'll do that tomorrow evening, when I get home from work. The new teaching year begins tomorrow and so I will have less times for sewing since I need to be in the office,



Today I wanted to get the binding stitched on to the fall table topper. When I showed this during the blog hop it looked like this.


Two or three days before I took this photo, Picasso came in, and had a nap on the top. When he woke I noticed that he was seriously grooming himself. When I picked him up, one side of him was covered in something sticky and so was my top. Picasso enjoyed his bath and I washed the top carefully by hand. The top has a couple of small stains but I can live with them. Once the top was dry I got on with finishing it. I pieced the back.


This evening I have sat and watched television whilst stitching the binding down. I'm pleased with how the table topper looks. I quilted the leaves using a variegated King Tut thread in both the top thread and the bobbin. I haven't completely decided whether to quilt a few more leaves or leave it as it is.


I haven't done much hand stitching recently and now I have a sore finger from the needle. I need to hunt out my leather thimble.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. What have you been working on today?

Lyndsey
 



1 comment:

  1. Your table topper looks lovely in those rich Autumn hues.

    ReplyDelete