Wednesday 10 November 2021

Prepping some embroidery

Today I have a day off and have a list of jobs that I want to get done. I need to go to the bank to pay money in and I need to take Scamp for a walk. As always there are household chores to do and even though I'm not working today I need to go into my work email as a couple of urgent messages popped into the box as I was closing it yesterday. Fortunately they are just quick queries so will take seconds to answer. If anything urgent has popped in this morning it will have to wait until tomorrow since this is a non work day.

Having loaded the washing machine I decided to start by enlarging the embroidery pattern I want to do this month. The Noah's ark pattern is by Lynette Anderson and was originally a BOM back in 2008. These are small pieces. The elephant stitchery should fit in a 21/2 x 4 inch rectangle of fabric. I want these patterns to be bigger so I need to play with the printer to get them to the size I want. I will increase all the patterns by the same amount. Having increased the pattern size to 160% I got the iron set up to press the fabric I'm using but I got distracted and forgot as you can see from the photo.


I use Frixion pens to draw out the pattern so I can't iron it now but it is nice and flat in the hoop. Note to self - put brain in gear next time.

Having made coffee for the family I pulled out some fabric to make a couple of little robins. These will look cute when I decorate for Christmas later in December. I just need to check I have brown felt for the legs. 


At this point I took a little time to check out my fabric stash. My birthday is in early December and we will be staying near my favourite quilt shop. I usually take the opportunity to stock up on threads and fabric if needed. I have decided to use a sewing print between the bag lady blocks when I turn them into a quilt top. They will be a wall hanging either for the wall at the top of the stairs or the wall by the stairs. I will also be hanging the turtle quilt. Richard screen printed this fabric when he was at school. I need to add a hanging sleeve to it.




I'm making slow progress on the quilt binding. When I sit down to do some stitching in the evening I have been so tired that I fall asleep . It will all get done but slightly slower than planned.

This evening Scamp has an appointment at the vet. Last week we noticed he had a lump on his muzzle. It is a firm lump and our vet gave him some antibiotics and an anti -inflammatory  medicine but she is concerned that it is osteosarcoma. The lump feels a little softer but that could be wishful thinking. Our vet will be running some tests to find a diagnosis. Scamp is looking really well and is full of energy and currently demanding the walk I promised him so I'd better take him out. When we get back I think I may pick up the table runner and start stitching the binding on that. I fancy watching a film and I know Scamp will settle on my lap while I stitch.

Take care
Lyndsey





2 comments:

  1. Lots of cute stuff on your post today. I love that quilt. I love Lynette Anderson designs. I haven’t done the Noah’s Ark, but your piece looks like it will be fun to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Scamp, I do hope the vet finds it is something which can be easily treated. Lynette Anderson designs are always nice. How special to have some fabric screen printed by your son. How long ago was that, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete