Sunday 5 February 2023

A busy but peaceful Sunday

Today I planned to catch up on my chores. The last week has been busy and so I had cleaning to do and a mountain of ironing. I must admit that I find ironing very soothing and it gives me time to think and plan. I also love the finished items looking so neat and no creases. Chores over for the day and so I spent some time deciding on my next project for the dolls house. On Saturday I had finished my previous project, a sofa for the sewing room. I needed to make a seat and back cushion. First I had to choose a colour and then decide on the fabric. I'm convinced, that when I get round to making the dolls for the house, the lady owner will love bright colours. Therefor I chose a bright pink. I'm really happy with the completed item.


I now need to decide on the curtains for her sewing room. My progress on the dolls house is very slow but it is proving to be very enjoyable. This week I bought the embroidery floss to make a carpet for the sewing room. Getting the house put together and painted has been fun but the real fun is going to be designing the interior.

Over the week I've been stitching almost every day. Some of it has been minor repairs i.e. sewing buttons back on and catching down a hem that had come undone. I also stitched some of the next frog embroidery. I had hoped to finish this by today but I run out of the green floss. I will need to pop out in my lunch hour and get some more. Here's how far I've got.



One frog diving into the pond. Over the week I've also been stitching the daily design by Meg Hawkey for her sew a long to celebrate international embroidery month. I'm having a lot of fun with this . I still need to finish stitching todays design but I'm otherwise up to date. I stopped stitching to write this post and as soon as I've finished I'll have time to finish up the stitching for the day. Here are the other stitcheries.



I really do need to finish colouring the designs. At the moment I'm colouring them as I go along. 

I'm linking this post with Kathy from  Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. I'm also linking with Kate from Life in Pieces. This week I stitched 5 of 7days which makes 27 days of 31 for January. I've also stitched 3 days of the 5 days of February. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up but so far in 2023 I have spent at least 15 minutes sewing on 29 of the possible 35days.

I'm off to finish the last bit of todays stitchery, Just the satin stitch eft to do and then I need to decide what my monthly goal will be.

Take care

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. The SAL looks nice, I think I've seen others doing it too in blogland. Froggy looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll will adore her new sofa, Lyndsey! Glad to see you got some stitching time, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll house project sounds like a lot of fun. Love your couch, it's very cute. Congrats on all the stitching time so far this year. Fingers crossed February is as good as January. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. I'm loving your doll house project & do like seeing some of the progress you are making on it. My cousin does doll houses too, as does another friend locally & I'm always in awe. The stitcheries are coming along nicely. Take care, have a good week & hugs.

    ReplyDelete