Sunday 26 February 2023

Slow stitching

 This week has been good. The weather has been mixed with rain, especially over night, a couple of very sunny days and some fog in the morning. Since Friday the temperature has dropped but the weather was still good enough to enjoy taking Missy to Wimbledon common for a walk this morning. She hasn't had a lot of practice riding in the car and so when we got her into the car she was very excited. She really enjoyed her walk and loved running through the woods. I didn't take any photos today but here is one of her earlier in the week. It had been very wet overnight and Missy took delight in lying in the mud. She needed a bath when we got home. She loves running after balls and is very good at bringing them back so we can throw again.


Fortunately today's walk was dry.

This week I've managed to keep up with the daily inches I've been stitching for the international month of embroidery. I've really enjoyed doing this stitching. Todays was quite quick to do.


This is what it looks like to date.


I have also spent time this week stitching the binding down on my quilt. I still have quite a distance to complete it. I've gone round two corners so far.  I love using a stripped fabric for the binding.


I was hoping to finish the binding before the end of February, so I need to get a wriggle on since I've only got two days left.

On the stitching front I've stitched every day this week for at least 15 minutes. I'm really pleased with that and it means I've almost finished a UFO that has been languishing in my cupboard for far too long.

I'm  linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching.

Take Care

Lyndsey






4 comments:

  1. Congrats on meting your stitching goal for the week, Lyndsey! Best of luck with finishing the quilt's binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muddy little Missy! She does look happy, doesn't she. Striped binding always looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing Missy, even very muddy. The stitchery is looking good and as for striped binding.....I'm a fan too. I must get a wiggle on with some sewing, as with one thing & another, plus being away last week, I'm way behind on a few things. Need to get some more blog posts done of our trip & I took lots of photos. Have a good week, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that is one muddy pooch. We've had so much snow, I haven't been outside in about five days. Your stitching is looking good, and congratulations for keeping up!

    ReplyDelete