Sunday 7 January 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Sundays are supposed to be relaxing or so I'm told. Today I feel as if I've spent my morning rushing around and now I need to relax and recharge. We woke up this morning to bright sunshine and a beautiful blue sky. Such a change from recent days which have been dark and very wet. The rain has been very persistent and there has been a lot of flooding across the country. My brother, who lives on a canal boat was telling me the marina was flooded. The boat is moored on a floating pontoon but the water rose so much that the pontoon came off the top of the poles holding it in place. He had a couple of sleepless nights earlier in the week due to the heavy rain and flooding. As it was sunny John and I took our selves for a brisk walk. It was cold but delightful to be outside and dry! 

I had been making pinwheels for the donation quilt I've started and I wanted to set up the next stage. Before I started making the pinwheels I'd had to remind myself how to make them. What I came across was a different approach to making them. I am using a charm pack so first up you put two charm pieces right sides together and then sew all the way round the outside with 1/4 inch seam.


Next you cut across both diagonals.


and then press open ready to sew into the pin wheel. I've got 20 sets ready to sew into blocks and I've already made 6.


These are waiting for the next time I get the sewing machine out which will be later in the week.

Earlier this week I was continuing my sorting and decluttering. I was going through a box from the loft and I came across this embroidery piece. I had spent ages looking for it and eventually decided I must have left it somewhere. In reality it had got in amongst a lot of paperwork and was stored in the loft. When I was working on this piece we still had Scamp and he walked across it with muddy paws but they are on the fabric solvy which will be washed off once the embroidery is complete, plus the fabric and thread is washable. Last evening I put in quite a few stitches and my plan is to do some more tonight. 



In between doing some cooking and other jobs I also did a few more rows of knitting. I haven't done any knitting for over a year and I'm going to take this slowly as the last time I knitted I made my right arm very painful. The wool is so soft to the touch and I love the colour.


I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching I'm looking forward to finding out what everyone is making.


Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Lovely projects you have going on. I love the Scamp embroidery so glad you found it, I have 'lost' a few embroidery pieces over the years most of the time in a stack of papers or magazines I didn't have time to read. We had a bright morning sunshine here too after days of rain and gray skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another productive post. What a bonus to find your missing stitchery. It won’t take long to have it completed. The pinwheels are coming along nicely. They will be lovely in all the blues. Good luck with your knitting. I also find that if I do too much in one sitting that my elbows ache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is nice and even. The stitchery you located is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete