Thursday 2 May 2024

Hello May

 

May already but still the weather is misbehaving. Last night there was a very noisy and prolonged thunderstorm and a downpour. The forecast suggests it will warm up on Monday but there is a whole weekend between now and then and I'd love some warmer weather. I'm not working again until Wednesday and so I have time for sewing and visits. I'm going to enjoy the next few days!

The beginning of the month means a chance to set some plans. So what do I want to achieve this month? Let's start with the Chookshed Stitchers challenge.


My number 5 is the dinosaur quilt. I've been working on this each month this year. In April I made two stegosaurus and part made the remaining four. This month I'd like to finish the remaining stegosaurus and make another set of dinosaurs. For the next set of dinosaurs I can choose from triceratops, brachiosaurus or T Rex. The instructions to make the dinosaurs are very clear and easy to follow which means the blocks go together very easily.


For my one monthly goal I want to complete the countryside embroidery. I've had this as a goal before and failed to finish it but I think I should be able to this month. I'm not sure this is the most recent photo but it is a good approximation of how much I've completed.


I want to make the quilt sandwich and start the quilting on the mystery quilt. This will be the first thing I do tomorrow morning.

I've been practicing sewing the curves for the Blooming rings quilt so I would like to make row 1 of this quilt. I think I'm ready to start stitching this quilt together.


I want to finish knitting my cardigan. I only have one sleeve and the button bands to knit. I've already made a start on the sleeve so I should be able achieve this.

I also want to plan a new quilt. I have a picture of it in my head but need to get it planned out on paper so I can decide if it will work. Tomorrow I have some sewing time so I'll get on with the planning stage and check measurements. I always enjoy the planning stage of a new quilt. 

It's been a long day at work and if I'm going to enjoy my sewing day I need to get some sleep. I have a lot I want to get through tomorrow.

Take care

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. You've made lots of plans to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is lovely. It would be good to see it finished. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks to me like you have some worthwhile but hefty goals. They will all come together nicely, I am certain. I look forward to seeing them progress.

    ReplyDelete