Thursday 30 May 2024

May round up

Only one more day left in May so it's time to check if I achieved my goals for the month. May has been a difficult month since I was unwell but I am feeling much better now. Unfortunately my hearing is still not right and I'm having difficulties hearing people. However my ears should clear soon since they have reached the point when they keep on popping and you can hear properly for a while. It will probably take another couple of days before they are working as they should.


The Chookshed stitchers challenge for May was number 5 which for me was to progress my dinosaur quilt. I had already made 2 stegosaurus but there are 6 in the set. Early this month I completed the other 4 and started cutting the fabric for the 6 brachiosaurus. I have managed to make all 6 during the month.











I love these dinosaurs and the quilt will be so bright and cheerful when finished. I still have 12 dinosaurs to make so it won't be finished anytime soon. I completed my Chookshed challenge and I very happy about the progress I've made on this quilt.


My goal for the One monthly goal was to complete my countryside embroidery. This is how far I had got at the beginning of the month.


I'm pleased that I have finally finished this piece. I may still add a few more poppies or other flowers but I might not. If I do add more poppies I will embroider them.


I have also finished my cardigan. It is so soft and warm. The yarn is Rowan Island Blend Fine which is 70% wool, 15% alpaca and 15% silk.  


I'm also enjoying hand quilting the mystery quilt I made. This will take me some time as this is the first time I've done it and I'm trying to get my stitches even.

I'm linking this post with Stories from the Sewing room for the One Monthly Goal link up, and Dreamworthy Quilts for Chookshed Challenge link up. 

This evening I'm going to do some more knitting and watch a film. 

Take care

Lyndsey








4 comments:

  1. Lyndsey, your dinosaur blocks are just adorable. Some lucky little guy will sure enjoy them!
    The countryside embroidery and cardigan are finished too. You accomplished a lot for not feeling well.
    Hope your hearing comes back in full soon. Take care and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent you done well! Your cardigan is gorgeous, love the pattern, and of course, blue us my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dinosaurs, so cute. Gorgeous cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon. You've made a tremendous amount of progress this month. The dino blocks are cute, the stitching is beautiful, and that sweater...WOW!

    ReplyDelete