Monday 1 July 2024

July Plans.

The first day of a new month and so much potential for working on my sewing projects. At the start of each month I spend some time planning my sewing time. First I consider any visits or family events during the month. These tend to happen on the weekend and so reduce available sewing time. I'm busy on two Saturdays this month but no other commitments. If I use my time wisely I should be able to move several projects forward.

I'm going to work on my Grandmother's garden quilt this month. This is an English paper piecing project and is my oldest UFO. Unfortunately I never seem to make time to work on it. It is time to finish this quilt but there is still a lot of work to do. I think this is the last photo I've taken of it. The white round is complete and I've started on a red round. I'm interested to see how much progress I can make.

The Chookshed stitchers challenge pulled number 1 for this month and this quilt was my number 1. I love the cute buttons for this challenge.


I also set a goal for the One Monthly Challenge run by Stories from the sewing room.


My goal for this challenge will be to complete at least 6 of the remaining dinosaurs for the dinosaur quilt.  I'd love to finish both the triceratops and the T rex but I don't think I have the time. I would like to have this quilt completed before the end of the year so I can gift it to the new owner. 

This is going to be such a bright and cheerful quilt.

In addition to these two challenges i want to finish knitting the back of my green jumper. This is going quite well but it is slow. I need to carry on with the hand stitching of the mystery quilt and I really want to start a new project. In addition to sewing I also want to complete the roofing on my dolls house. 

Finally this month I have some MUST Complete projects. Older daughter is getting married on August 17th and she has asked me to make her wedding cake of three layers, fruit cake, sponge cake and chocolate cake. I need to get the fruit cake made this coming weekend. She would also like some bunting in floral and bright fabrics and pompoms. I will also need to make time to shop for my dress for the event. I'm not a great lover of clothes shopping so this could take a little while.

I'm linking this post with Dreamworthy Quilts for the July Chookshed Challenge. and Stories from the sewing room for the One Monthly Goal.

Take care

Lyndsey



3 comments:

  1. Love the new strawberry banner!
    A wedding! Yay, how wonderful! You will be so very very busy. I don't know how you can do EPP on such a busy month, but a few stitches a day adds up.
    Those dinosaurs are adorable. I have enjoyed watching them come alive.

    I too make my goals based on what I have going during the month. It just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you will certainly be busy making bunting and the wedding cake. How exciting to have a family wedding coming soon, and I wish you well with finding your mother of the bride special outfit. I'm sure all your plans will come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy getting ready for your daughter's wedding! I can relate to the struggle of finding a mother's dress for a child's wedding. I didn't enjoy it either time I needed to.

    ReplyDelete