Sunday 30 June 2024

June roundup

June has been a rather slow month where sewing projects are concerned. However I am very happy to report that i completed both my challenges for June.


My June Chookshed challenge was to stitch the sashiko pattern I had been given a while back. I stitched the last bit, this morning. I enjoyed the embroidery and found it relaxing.



I haven't decided how I will use this piece but I know I want to incorporate it into a quilt at some point. The reason I wanted to work on the sashiko is that I have a Japanese panel that I want to make into a quilt and I plan to stitch some sashiko patterns in the sashing.



This project is still at the very early planning stage as I haven't made any decisions about final size, borders etc. I do like the planning stage.


My challenge for the One Monthly Goal this month was to add the Irish chain border to the Red manor house quilt top. I completed this even though I sewed one of the blocks the wrong way round. I have also added the next narrow border. The next round for this quilt is an applique round. I need to check I have enough backing fabric for the blocks.


I started making a Christmas angel but this project is in the early stages.


We went away to Somerset for the weekend and stayed at the Holcombe Inn. The food was fabulous.


This is in fact three trees not one. I was fascinated by the way the branches moved in the wind. 


Lots of lavender giving a beautiful aroma and really attracted the bees..


The flowers in the garden were lovely .


I love this old fashioned rose.


Whilst there we had a great visit to Stourhead house and gardens.

Back at home my son celebrated his 40th birthday on the 26 June and had a party yesterday evening. The weather was perfect, the BBQ was delicious and the company really enjoyable. It rounded off the month perfectly. I wonder what July will bring?

I'm linking this post with Dreamworthy Quilts for the Chookshed June Challenge round up and with Stories from the sewing room for  June OMG link up.

Take care 

Lyndsey






5 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sashiko piece is very pretty, a great finish. I've only dabbled in this type of stitching, and made two place Mats at a class some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sashiko is beautiful. I love the look of Sashiko. It will be a great way to finish off your Japanese panel. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your Sashiko. It will be so gorgeous with your panel if you put them together as planned.
    The Holcombe looks like a great place to stay. I looks so different from places around here. Love the green and flowers shots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sashiko panel is so pretty! I have never tried sashiko, but you tempt me. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete