Monday 9 September 2024

A busy week but then...... sewing

Last week was pretty busy and that meant by evening I was tired and so very little sewing  happened. My way of relaxing is knitting, embroidery, or any form of sewing. Unfortunately until Friday, with limited time, I didn't achieve very much but then I pulled my out my cutting mat and rotary cutter to prepare the fabric for the T Rex dinosaurs. I cut all the background fabric and the orange and yellow fabrics for the dinosaurs body. On Saturday I had time to set up my sewing machine and get the first two T Rex made.


They went together fairly quickly and I love how they look. Just 4 more to make and then I can put together the quilt top.

I cast on the stitches for the front of my jumper during last week but if I knit too long my wrists start to ache so it isn't growing very quickly. I spend a short time each day to knit at least a few rows.


I have more yarn to make a short cardigan and also a long cardigan/ jacket. All that knitting will take me well into next year. Since my wrists won't let me knit for hours I spent a little time making a start on the embroidered tablecloth I received last Christmas. Hand stitching uses slightly different wrist actions so it causes less pain. 

Finally on Sunday I cut the fabric to make the last 6 'flowers' for the red round of the Grandmothers Garden quilt. I need to tack the fabric to the hexagon templates and then sew the hexagons together to make the 6 flowers. Once these are added to the quilt the red round will be complete. The next round is yellow and orange and I will then start to square up the quilt..

Over this week I will alternate my knitting with the embroidery and see how far I get with both. John and I are away next weekend so the dinosaurs will have to wait. I also have a couple of new projects that I need to get organised which will be fun. For now I have about half an hour before I need to head to bed.

Take care

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. You have been working away on a great variety of projects. My jumper knitting has come to a standstill after almost finishing the back. I didnt like the pattern in the end so I'm looking for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dinosaurs are adorable. Your hand-stitching looks good too. Nice to have some time for relaxation and sewing. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete