Wednesday 18 September 2024

Purchases and projects

Whilst we were away at the weekend we visited my favourite quilt shop, Midsomer Quilting. The staff are delightful and the shop always provides great fabric choices and inspiration for future projects. The shop was busy and the chatter was very lively. Several customers were choosing fabrics for large quilts and everyone seemed to get involved, offering suggestions . As always there was a quilt on display to enjoy. I didn't get the name of the maker but it is a beautiful quilt. It's one of those quilts you could revisit many times and always see something different, things that you've never noticed before, such as the people, dogs, little birds and the caterpillar.

I bought some wadding to use on a new project and also the backing fabric for the dinosaur quilt and some fat quarters. I love the backing fabric for the dinosaurs and I will also use it for the binding. The yellow and orange fat quarters will be used in the Grandmothers garden quilt.

Katy had been given a duvet cover but she wants it made into a quilt, hence the need for more wadding. This is for my grandson who is totally train obsessed, especially if the train is Thomas.


The fabric on the back is fun as well.

I'll get the quilt sandwich made this weekend and then decide how to quilt it. I'm also planning on getting the remaining 4 dinosaurs made. In addition I have a blouse and a dress cut out and waiting to be sewn together. I could really do with several extra hours in a day. 

A couple of weeks ago I  pulled a muscle in my neck. I'm not sure how I did it but it could be linked to the set up of my work computer, or using too big a pillow to sleep on. Whatever caused the problem it is playing havoc with getting on with my various projects. Sitting and working on my embroidery means my neck starts to get sore and the same applies to my knitting. I've got some exercises that I need to do several times a day so I'm hopeful it will heal fairly quickly.

Today has been a long day at work as I arrived before 8 am and didn't leave until 7 this evening. I'd love to sit and chill out with my knitting but instead I'll be going off to bed quite soon. Tomorrow I'm going to spend some of my time at work planning my holiday and blocking time out of my diary for sewing.

Take care

Lyndsey





No comments:

Post a Comment