Sunday 1 September 2024

A good day

I love a day where I get things done and so today was a good day. I started the day by reading a couple of chapters of a book whilst drinking my morning tea. On a work day I'm up and going by 6 a.m. but Sundays are much more leisurely. Once up and dressed I headed to the kitchen to do some cooking. I started some bread and made ginger and lemon buns. The buns are delicious.


Next I did some slow stitching. I'd started sewing the binding down on Twiglet's quilt and this morning I finished it. 


Missy seemed a little jealous of Twiglet's quilt but she has her own. I like the tumbling blocks pattern and will probably use the pattern again. I will have another baby quilt to make for later in the year and I think this would be perfect. 

Having finished the quilt I cast on the stitches for the front of my jumper. I did this yesterday but had the wrong number of stitches and then made a mistake in the pattern, so I pulled it all out. Having got the right number of stitches I knitted the first four rows. It was just too hot for knitting!

John and I spent some time in the garden as we had some more plants to get into the ground. and we also gave the roses some special rose fertiliser. We are slowly getting the garden back under control and how we want it. Next weekend we'll plant the various bulbs we bought and we will  need another trip to the garden centre to get plants for the window boxes.

This evening I'd hoped to work on the embroidered tablecloth but I was too tired, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. There are warnings of thunderstorms over night. I hope not but it is very muggy so a storm would clear the air. For now I'm off to bed. If I'm lucky I should be able to read another chapter before I'm ready to go to sleep.

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Slow Sundays are always nice, especially if you can relax and do some of the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day you can finish a quilt is a good day. Those buns do look tasty. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete